Advertisement

Woman treated for smoke inhalation after Clear Spring fire

September 22, 2011

CLEAR SPRING — An electrical malfunction in a stereo speaker caused a fire that sent a Clear Spring woman to the hospital Thursday morning to be treated for smoke inhalation, the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office said.

Cindy Wilkinson, of 11706 Rocky Meadow Road in Clear Spring, was taken to Meritus Medical Center east of Hagerstown, according to a fire marshal’s office news release.

Wilkinson was not listed as a patient shortly before 9 a.m. Thursday, a hospital spokeswoman said.

Authorities said the fire started at 5:46 a.m. Thursday, when a stereo speaker on a living room shelf in the two-story home caught fire.

The fire caused about $300 in damages to the home and $200 in damages to the contents, the fire marshal’s office said.

It took 15 firefighters from Clear Spring, Halfway, Maugansville and Williamsport about five minutes to bring the fire under control, according to the release.

The fire marshal’s office said a smoke alarm alerted the occupants of the home.

The owners are listed as Michael and Cindy Wilkinson.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|