Advertisement

Malfunctioning fan caused garage fire in Clear Spring

August 19, 2011

A malfunctioning fan caused a fire in an attic above a garage Wednesday at 12804 Independence Road in Clear Spring, the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said.

The fire caused about $1,000 in damage to the structure, according to a fire marshal's office news release.

The blaze was reported at about 8:30 p.m. and took 40 firefighters about 30 minutes to control, the release said.

Fire companies from Clear Spring, Halfway, Maugansville and Williamsport responded to the scene.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|