Tractor-trailer lodges under railroad bridge, closing Md. 75
MONROVIA, Md. — Md. 75 near Baldwin Road was closed for about three hours Monday morning after a tractor-trailer became lodged under a railroad bridge, Maryland State Police said in a news release.
The accident at 7:03 a.m. involved a 2006 Freightliner hauling a 1998 Great Dane trailer, police said.
The driver, Mohamed Adam Goley, 35, of Minnehaha, Minn., was not injured in the crash. He was issued citations as a result of the incident, the release said.
Representatives of CSX inspected the railroad bridge and determined that it was structurally sound, police said.
State Highway Administration officials assisted state police at the scene, the release said.
Power tool thefts, other incidents reported in Washington County
The following incidents were reported Friday through Monday by the Washington County Sheriff’s Office:
- Numerous power tools were stolen in the 15800 block of Lockwood Road.
- Power tools and lawn equipment were stolen in the 15900 block of Lockwood Road.
- A burglary in the 16200 block of McGregor Drive.
- Vandalism in the 17100 block of Cole Road.
- A vehicle was vandalized in the first block of Harvard Road.
- A vehicle was vandalized in the 11300 block of Youngstoun Drive.
- Vandalism in the 200 block of Eastern Boulevard.
- Tools were stolen in the 11100 block of Glenside Avenue.
- A wallet was stolen in the 1200 block of West Washington Street.
- A theft in the 17300 block of Valley Mall Road.
- Prescription medication was stolen in the 13800 block of Orchard Ridge Road.
- A dog was stolen in the 18900 block of Diller Road.
- A theft in the 11000 block of Bower Avenue.
- A theft in the 400 block of Premium Outlets Boulevard.
- A theft from a vehicle in the 17300 block of Valley Mall Road.