Advertisement

Tractor-trailer catches fire in Hancock, causing $100K in damage

July 27, 2011

HANCOCK — A fire caused $100,000 in damages to a tractor-trailer Wednesday morning in the 400 block of East Main Street in Hancock, the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said.

The incident occurred at about 4:15 a.m., when a mechanical malfunction in the engine compartment caused the Sterling truck to catch fire, according to a fire marshal's office news release.

The the fire took 10 firefighters about 15 minutes to  control, the release said.

The truck was owned by Jack Cooper Transport Co.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|