Barbara Ingram School for the Arts and the Washington County Arts Council are coordinating the Washington County Literary Arts Summit on Wednesday, July 20, from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
The event will held at Barbara Ingram School for the Arts in downtown Hagerstown.
A group of authors and others from the arts community will discuss the growth of literary arts in central Maryland. Attendees will be able to speak with the participants about their work in the arts and the organizations they represent. A number of authors will read from their works.
- Peter Stitt — Gettysburg Review founding editor, critic and essayist
- Hope Maxwell-Snyder — Sotto Voce Poetry Festival chairwoman, novelist, poet
- Elly Williams — Faculty member at Johns Hopkins University and Hood College, novelist
- Mary Anne Burke — Washington County Arts Council executive director
- Elizabeth Cromwell — Frederick Reads Committee chairwoman
- Amy Hunt — Washington County Museum of Fine Arts educator
- Jeff Ridgeway — Washington County Public Library head of children's department
- Scot Slaby — Barbara Ingram School for the Arts lead literary arts teacher, poet
The evening will conclude with a book-signing session and light refreshments.
The summit is free, but to reserve a place, contact Robin Mulligan at 301-766-2923 or email email@example.com.