Advertisement

Smoke on Saint Paul Street not result of fire

July 07, 2011

A report of smoke coming from the basement of a house on 100 Saint Paul Street in Boonsboro Thursday turned out to be the result of a chemical the town put in its drainage system, a supervisor for Washington County Emergency Services said.

The town put the chemical in its drainage system to test for leaks, according to the supervisor. However, it can cause smoke to come up from pipes in houses, which is what happened on 100 Saint Paul Street.

The Boonsboro Fire Department responded to the call at 11:20 a.m., but it was cleared up by 11:45.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|