Here is a list of road and lane closures in the area for Wednesday, July 6:
- Work to expand the intersection of Massey Boulevard and Halfway Boulevard near Hagerstown continues, causing traffic to be backed up in each direction at different times. Roadwork is expected to continue there until Thanksgiving.
- Work to widen the intersection of Dual Highway and Edgewood Drive continues. Traffic is sometimes sluggish in both directions.
- Only one lane of Md. 550 in Thurmont, Md., is open between Eylers Valley Flint Road and Kelbaugh Road due to a mudslide that occurred April 17. The Maryland State Highway Administration says it is unsure when the road will completely reopen.
- The eastbound lane of West Antietam Street is closed between Burhans Boulevard and Walnut Street so Columbia Gas can replace a gas main on that block, according to a press release from the city of Hagerstown. Closure is expected to last until Friday, July 8 between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. each day.
- The Md. 63 bridge over the CSX Railroad near Williamsport was closed effective June 20, according to a news release from the Maryland State Highway Administration. The bridge is expected to be closed until the end of the summer.
- Paving has begun on Interstate 70 as part of its resurfacing plan from Mapleville Road (Exit 35) near Smithsburg and Boonsboro to the Frederick County line. Work is expected to continue until the fall, according to the Maryland State Highway Administration.
- Two lanes and both shoulders of I-70 westbound near Hancock will be subject to closure for most of July for mill and overlay work and patchwork, according to the Maryland State Highway Administration's website. Any lane could be closed at any time of the day.
- One lane of the U.S. 340 bridge over the Potomac River near Harpers Ferry will be subject to closure in both directions due to equipment moving, according to the Maryland State Highway Administration's website. Closure is expected to last until Thursday between 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. each day.