ST. JAMES — Saint James School awarded 50 diplomas to the Class of 2011 on June 5.
The following are local graduates who earned awards or honors:
- Taylor Goodie of Middletown, Md. — Awarded the Onderdonk Headmasters' Prize endowed by Mr. and Mrs. Richardson Onderdonk, Class of 1935, in memory of Henry Onderdonk, headmaster of Saint James School from 1869 to 1895, and Adrian Onderdonk, headmaster from 1903 to 1939, to a member of the fifth or sixth form who has served the wider community beyond Saint James School well beyond the school's expectation or requirement.
- Aadil Iqbal of Boonsboro — Graduated with cum laude honors
- Andrew Ludwick of Chambersburg, Pa. — Awarded the Charles G. Meehan Jr. '65 Prize for All-Round Athletic Ability in the sixth form, and the 50th Anniversary Alumni Award, initiated by the Class of 1928 to a sixth-former who exhibits outstanding leadership ability.
- Kevin McCormack of Hagerstown — Awarded the School Prize, which is given on occasion by the headmaster to a member of the sixth form who in his opinion has shown extraordinary devotion to Saint James School.
- Chris Pritchard of Shepherdstown, W.Va. — Awarded the Donn Porter Prize, given in memory of Donn Porter, Class of 1949, to a member of the fifth or sixth form who has shown genuine courage and real devotion to the team above and beyond the call of duty during his or her time as an athlete at Saint James School.
- Christiana Tiches of Hagerstown — Awarded the Mary Latrobe Onderdonk Memorial Prize for Sound School Citizenship. She also graduated with cum laude honors.
- Martez "Mo" Townes of Hagerstown — Awarded the A. Smith Bowman Prize to a sixth-former who best exemplifies the qualities of a gentleman.