Woman who told police she was assaulted is facing charges
A woman who initially told the Hagerstown Police Department that she was assaulted last week in the area of City Park has been charged with filing a false police report, police said Tuesday.
Samantha Marie Ford, 27, of 1004 C Noland Drive, admitted to fabricating a story about being assaulted near the park on May 25, according to a police department news release.
Ford told police that she was attacked by two men at about 3:30 p.m. while she was walking in the area between Walnut Street and the railroad tracks on the northside of the park, according to a previous police release.
Ford contacted police and was taken to Meritus Medical Center, the release said.
Washington County Sheriff's Office reports incidents
The following incidents were reported Saturday through Monday by the Washington County Sheriff's Office:
- A burglary in the 17300 block of Lexington Avenue.
- An attempted carjacking in the 13800 block of Exeter Court.
- A theft in the 17900 block of Halfway Boulevard.
- A theft from a vehicle in the 18900 block of Sandy Hook Road.
- Speakers and other items stolen from a car on Slabtown Road.
The following incidents were reported Tuesday and Wednesday by the Washington County Sheriff’s Office: