Colleen Cashell, Washington County Farm Service Agency executive director, reminds producers that June 1 is the enrollment deadline for the 2011 Direct and Counter-Cyclical program or the alternative Average Crop Revenue Election program.
“Farmers who are interested in completing their annual enrollment in these programs need to add this important deadline to their list of ‘must do’ jobs,” Cashell said.
“Producers should contact their local county office right now to set up appointments before the June 1 deadline.”
All signatures of producers receiving a share in DCP and ACRE payments are required by the June 1 deadline.
For the farm calendar, here’s a schedule of FSA program deadlines coming up in the next several months:
- May 31 — 2010 crop year final loan availability date for corn, soybeans, grain sorghum and sunflowers crops
- June 1 — Deadline for 2011 Direct and Counter-Cyclical Program enrollment and for 2011 Average Crop Revenue Election Program Election
- July 15 — 2011 crop year acreage reporting deadline for most crops and deadline to file 2010 production reports for most noninsured crop disaster assistance program crops
- July 29 — 2009 Supplemental Revenue Assistance program signup deadline
- Aug. 1 — Deadline to request a 2011 farm reconstitution
- Sept. 1 — Deadline to file 2010 production reports for ACRE. This deadline was extended from July 15 for 2010 production only.