HAGERSTOWN — The Meritus Medical Center Auxiliary Inc. Scholarship Committee selected six new recipients of its scholarship April 6.
The students are:
• Alyssa Brandt, graduating from Clear Spring High School, majoring in physician assistant program at DeSales University
• Kelsey Smith, graduating from Williamsport High School, majoring in nursing at Shenandoah University
• Snigdha Rao, graduating from Smithsburg High School, majoring in biological sciences at University of Maryland, College Park
• Deidra Brown, graduate of Oakton (Va.) High School, majoring in nursing at Hagerstown Community College
• Jenna Hull, graduating from Hancock Middle/Senior High School, majoring in nursing at West Virginia University
• Maureen McCarrick, graduating from Middletown (Md.) High School, majoring in nursing at Messiah College.
Meritus also has 25 returning students majoring in a medical field. Each will receive $1,000 per year ($500 for spring and fall semesters).