Advertisement

Hancock man pleads guilty to child porn distribution

April 24, 2011

A Hancock man pleaded guilty in federal court last week to distribution of child pornography while he was on active duty in Kuwait and Iraq, according to a news release on the FBI’s website.

Christopher Medovich, 28, of Hancock, pleaded guilty Wednesday in U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia to one count of distribution of child pornography, according to www.fbi.gov.

Medovich faces a mandatory minimum sentence of five years in prison to a maximum sentence of 20 years and a fine of up to $250,000, authorities said.

His sentencing is scheduled for July 19.

On Aug. 18, 2010, a Metropolitan Police Department member of the FBI’s Child Exploitation Task Force, operating undercover, communicated with Medovich by email and instant messenger, authorities said. Medovich sent the investigator eight images of child pornography, authorities said.

Medovich was a member of the U.S. Army Reserves and was on active duty in Kuwait and Iraq when the images were sent to the investigator, authorities said.

A search warrant was served for Medovich’s home in Hancock, authorities said. Forensic analysis of computer equipment in the home confirmed Medovich also possessed 64 images of child pornography, authorities said.

Medovich was arrested Dec. 15, 2010.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|