CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. — The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation announced the following work schedule for this week:
- Bridge work on Harbaugh Church Road in Washington Township
- Guardrail updates on St. Thomas-Williamson Road in St. Thomas Township and Fort McCord Road in Hamilton and St. Thomas townships
- Washing bridges across the county
- Replacing pipes on Rocky Mountain Road, Lemar Road, Cold Springs Road and Old Scotland Road
- Grading shoulders on Old Scotland Road in Greene Township
- Patching potholes on U.S. 11 in Antrim Township
The warmer weather brings an increase in construction zones on the highways.
Pennsylvania State Police Troop H in Harrisburg, Pa., is reminding motorists to exercise patience and awareness of their situation when approaching and traveling through these zones.
To alleviate backlogs and crashes, motorists are encouraged to do the following, according to a state police news release:
- Reduce your vehicle’s speed upon warning of a construction zone ahead.
- When advance warning signs indicate that a lane will end, continue to drive to the point of the lane transition and merge into the through lane, stopping your vehicle at the point of transition if needed to safely merge.
- Fines are doubled for certain violations committed in work zones.