The West End Senior Citizens Club will meet Thursday, March 10, at 10:30 a.m. at Grace United Methodist Church on the corner of Winter and Church streets in Hagerstown.
The meeting will feature attorney Michael Day who will talk about elder law. Attendees are asked to bring a packed lunch for the meeting.
Senior center calendar
• Friday — Center will close at noon. "Walk Away the Pounds," 9 to 10 a.m.; "Breakfast for the Brain" program featuring "Organic Vegetable Gardening" with Annette Ipsan, from University of Maryland; strength training, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Monday, March 7 — Line dancing, 10 to 11 a.m.; cards/dominoes, 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.; "Walk Away the Pounds," 11 a.m. to noon; strength training, 1 to 2 p.m.
• Tuesday, March 8 — "A Matter of Balance," 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.; "Walk Your Belly Flat," 10 to 11 a.m.; computer instruction, 10 a.m. to noon; cards/dominoes, 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.; Spanish conversation, 11 a.m. to noon; "Walk Your Belly Flat," 1 to 2 p.m.
• Wednesday, March 9 — Line dancing, 10 to 11 a.m.; painting class (fees apply), 10 a.m. to noon; group piano (fees apply), 10 a.m. to noon; cards/dominoes, 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.; "Walk Away the Pounds," 11 a.m. to noon; bead class (fees apply), 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.; chair yoga, 1 to 2 p.m.
• Thursday March 10 — Gym closes at 11 a.m.; "A Matter of Balance," 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.; step aerobics, 10 to 11 a.m.; computer instruction, 10 a.m. to noon; cards/dominoes, 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.; "Walk Your Belly Flat," 1 to 2 p.m.
The senior center is at 626 Washington Ave. in Hagerstown. It is open to all seniors ages 55 and older. For more information, call Kathy Fisher or Linda Rojahn at 301-671-2368.
Storytelling event planned
On Sunday, March 13, the Women's Club will host Celebrating Women's History Month with "Political Awakening and Right to Vote" storytelling event. The event will feature a mix of professional storytellers, elected officials and local participation. Light refreshments will be served. The Women's Club is at 31 S. Prospect St. The event begins at 1 p.m. Tickets cost $8 in advance or $12 at the door.
To register, call Barbara Rice at 301-797-0923 or e-mail to email@example.com; or call Fanny Crawford at 301-730-1638 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Soccer clinic to be held
A free goalkeeper/striker clinic will be held Saturday, March 19, at Hagerstown Soccer Complex, 13317 Cearfoss Pike.
The clinic will be led by Tristan Longnecker, boys varsity soccer coach at St. Maria Goretti High School in Hagerstown. He has more than 30 years of coaching experience.
The clinic is open to all area goalkeepers and strikers.
Times: U10-U14 — noon to 2 p.m.; and U15-U19 — 2:30 to 4:30 p.m.
To register, send an e-mail to Tracy at email@example.com. Please include the player's name and age.
Free CPR training
On Saturday, which is Save-a-Life Saturday, the Washington County Chapter of the American Red Cross will hold a free cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) Made Simple course at 1131 Conrad Court in Hagerstown, beginning at 10 a.m. There will be a blood drive from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
To register, call 301-739-0717 or go to www.RedCross.org.
There will also be a free CPR Made Simple course at Valley Mall next to Old Navy on Friday, March 11, at 2 p.m.
The course focuses on hands-on practice.
It provides individuals with a one-hour overview of the critical skills that might help them save a life.
In this training, lecture is kept to a minimum so that participants can focus on hands-on practice of CPR/skills.
March is Red Cross Month, and the American Red Cross is asking people to join them in helping those in need by volunteering their time, making a donation, taking a class, or giving blood.
Share your news
Call 301-988-0435 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.