Advertisement

41 firefighters battle blaze at home near Clear Spring

January 28, 2011

CLEAR SPRING — A house on Mercersburg Road near Clear Spring was damaged by a fire that started in the chimney early Friday morning, the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office said.

The fire, which was reported at about 3:40 a.m. at 13913 Mercersburg Road, took 41 firefighters 35 minutes to control, according to a fire marshal’s office press release. The fire is estimated to have caused $120,000 in damage to the structure and $5,000 to the contents.

Fire companies from Clear Spring, Williamsport, Maugansville, Hancock, Halfway, Longmeadow and Mercersburg, Pa., responded to the scene, the fire marshal’s office said.

A spokesman for the Clear Spring Volunteer Fire Department could not be reached for comment.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|