School closings and delays for Friday, Jan. 28:
- Washington County Public Schools, 2-hour delay
- Boonsboro Christian Academy, 2-hour delay
- Broadfording Christian Academy, 2-hour delay
- Heritage Academy, 2-hour delay
- St. Maria Goretti High School, 2-hour delay
- Frederick County Public Schools, 2-hour delay
- Walkersville Middle School is closed to students due to a power outage. School staff members are to report on their normal schedules.
- Mt. Aetna Adventist Elementary School is closed
- Berkeley County Schools are closed. All evening activities, practices, and programs are cancelled.
- Jefferson County Schools are closed.
- Morgan County Schools are closed. Employees follow Reporting Code A.
- The Morgan County Science Fair, scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 29, has been postponed until Feb. 5 in the Berkeley Springs High School cafeteria. Students may set up on Friday, Feb. 4, from 3:30-6 p.m. or on Sat., Feb. 5 from 8-9 a.m. Judging will be from 9 a.m. to noon with the awards ceremony beginning at noon. Activities are planned for the students which will require some outside activity, so please dress accordingly.
- Country Day School is closed. Essential personnel are to report
- Faith Christian Academy is closed
For information on school closings and delays in West Virginia, go to http://wvde.state.wv.us/closings/