A Hagerstown man was being treated at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center in Baltimore for burns to his face he sustained Monday night.
John W. Nave, 48, of 271 S. Prospect St. in Hagerstown, was listed in good condition Wednesday morning, hospital spokeswoman Kristin Mears said.
Nave was burned at about 10 p.m. Monday as he was smoking a cigarette while using oxygen, Hagerstown Fire Marshal Doug DeHaven said.
“The fire stayed confined to him and to the oxygen tubing,” DeHaven said.
Nave was taken to Meritus Medical Center east of Hagerstown and then was transferred to Bayview, DeHaven said.
— Dan Dearth