Advertisement

Toaster failure caused house fire that caused $20,000 in damages

January 19, 2011

HANCOCK — An electrical failure in a toaster was listed as the preliminary cause of a house fire Monday on Maple Ridge Road that caused $20,000 in damages, according to Ed Ernst of the Maryland State Fire Marshal's office.

The fire at 14461 Maple Ridge Road, which was reported at 1:29 p.m., started in the kitchen and led to $20,000 in losses, Ernst said.

The owner/occupant of the house was listed as David Distan, Ernst said.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|