Advertisement

House salvageable after fire

January 17, 2011

HANCOCK — Fire broke out Monday afternoon in a house along Maple Ridge Road east of Hancock, according to a fire official.

The house was salvageable after the blaze, although firefighters had to ventilate the home by cutting into the roof, said Ernest Truax, a safety officer with the Hancock Volunteer Fire Co.

Truax said he did know what started the fire.

People who lived in the home at 14461 Maple Ridge Road were home at the time of the fire, which was reported at about 1:30 p.m., Truax said.

People living in the home contacted an interfaith coalition group about arranging for another place to stay, Truax said.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|