HAGERSTOWN — The Washington County Board of Education approved new committee assignments for its members at a meeting Tuesday.
According to an online video of Tuesday’s meetings, the assignments are as follows:
- The Curriculum and Instruction Committee will be chaired by board Vice President W. Edward Forrest. Also assigned to the committee are board President Wayne Ridenour and member Karen Harshman.
- The Facilities Committee will be chaired by member Donna Brightman. Also assigned are members Paul Bailey and Jacqueline Fischer.
- The Finance Committee will be chaired by member Justin Hartings. Also assigned are Bailey and Harshman.
- The Human Resources Committee will be chaired by Bailey. Also assigned are Brightman and Forrest.
- The Policy Committee will be chaired by Fischer. Also assigned are Hartings and Ridenour.
To check for upcoming meeting dates, call 301-766-2809 or go online to www.wcps.k12.md.us/school_board/advisory_committee/advisory_meeting_schedule.html.
To check meeting agendas, go to www.wcps.k12.md.us and click on “BoardDocs” in the menu on the right. Then click on the “Meetings” tab.
The next committee to meet is the Curriculum Committee at 8:30 a.m. on Jan. 11 at the central office off Commonwealth Avenue.
— Julie E. Greene