SEOUL, South Korea (AP) -- North and South Korea have agreed to hold their first working-level military talks in two years, Seoul's Defense Ministry said Wednesday.
Officers from the two sides were to meet Thursday in the truce village of Panmunjom in the Demilitarized Zone that divides the peninsula, the ministry said. They last held such talks in October 2008.
North Korea had earlier this month proposed the meeting to discuss the western maritime border and anti-North Korean leaflets spread by South Koreans. The ministry would not confirm Wednesday what would be on the upcoming meeting's agenda.
The poorly marked western sea border, drawn by the United Nations at the end of the 1950-53 Korean War, is a constant source of tension between the two Koreas.