Advertisement

Two fires reported in Waynesboro

August 12, 2010

WAYNESBORO, Pa. -- Waynesboro firefighters were at the Better Days Animal League Thrift Store at 22 W. Main St., Thursday morning clearing smoke from the building.

Fire Chief Dave Martin said the department was called around 10 a.m. for reported smoke and odor in the building.

The conditions were caused by a boiler being dismantled by workers in the basement, he said.

Both lanes of Main Street are open, but the alley alongside Susquehanna Bank is closed to traffic.

Discarded cigarette ignites fire at town house



WAYNESBORO, Pa. -- A cigarette discarded into mulch Thursday morning caused about $3,000 damage to a town house at 395 Viewpoint Way, Waynesboro Fire Chief Dave Martin said.

When firefighters arrived at 5:25 a.m., they could smell the fire but not locate its source, Martin said.

They discovered the cigarette started a fire behind the vinyl siding, causing damage to the siding and one beam, he said.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|