Advertisement

Boonsboro hardware store remains closed due to fire

April 16, 2010

BOONSBORO --The Ace Hardware store in Boonsboro will be closed until further notice after a $900,000 fire at its location Wednesday, according to a news release from ThompsonGas.

The fire caused about $900,000 in damage to a ThompsonGas building at 6708 Old National Pike on Wednesday, the Maryland state fire marshal's office said.

Fire marshals determined the fire was an accident. An electric exhaust fan malfunctioned and ignited wood framing.

The Thompson Gas Propane and Thompson Gas Heating, Hearth, and Air Conditioning operation has not been impacted.

However, customers who made payments in person at the Ace Hardware store should mail in their payments until further notice, according to the news release.


View Fire closes business in a larger map

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|