Advertisement

Waynesboro family homeless after fire

December 18, 2009|By KATE S. ALEXANDER

WAYNESBORO, PA. -- A fire that was started accidentally by a Waynesboro juvenile Friday morning has left one family temporarily homeless.

Just after 10:15 a.m. Friday, a fire broke out on the second floor of 32 Cleveland Ave. in Waynesboro, a Waynesboro Fire Department spokesman said.

It took firefighters from nine departments in Pennsylvania and Maryland to put out the blaze, and kept some departments busy well past noon, firefighters said.

The single-family home sustained about $70,000 in damage when fire consumed the second floor and burned through the roof, the spokesman said.

Advertisement

A firefighter was injured in the blaze and taken to Waynesboro Hospital, where he was treated and released, the spokesman said.

The fire also damaged a building at 34 Cleveland Ave., according to the fire department.

The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|