Advertisement

Last Man's Club meets at Legion

November 08, 2009

The Last Man's Club of World War II at Morris Frock Post 42 held its 56th annual meeting with a luncheon at the American Legion Home on Northern Avenue on Sept. 26.

The club was formed by WWII veterans in January 1954. The purpose of establishing the club was "continuing to the death the fellowship developed during time of war."

The handwritten membership roster hangs in Post 42's hallway, alphabetically listing the 264 members in the club when it was chartered.

Gold stars mark the names of deceased members. Thirty-six of the original club members are still living.

Prior to the dinner, a candle was lit in memory of the deceased members and a candle was lit to honor the men and women serving in the military.

Advertisement

The last Saturday in September 2010 has been reserved for next year's meeting. Any member of the club who has changed their address or telephone number should contact Larry Martin at 301-733-4972 or Page Gearhart at 301-223-2317.

The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|