Advertisement

No one hurt in stove fire

October 16, 2009|By ERIN JULIUS

WILLIAMSPORT -- The Williamsport Volunteer Fire and Emergency Medical Service responded Friday morning to 1 Commerce St. for a small fire on the stove, a fire company spokesman said.

The fire caused minimal damage and there were no injuries, spokesman Scott Bragunier said in a news release.

The fire was reported at 10:40 a.m., a Washington County Emergency Services dispatcher said.

Cooking fires are the leading cause of fires in the United States, Bragunier said.

He reminded people to keep cooking areas clear of combustible materials, including paper, towels and plastic utensils.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|