Jeanette Summers Divelbiss, 42

September 22, 2009

JUNE 30, 1967-SEPT. 19, 2009

HANCOCK, Md. - Jeanette Summers Divelbiss, age 42, of Finch Lane, died Saturday, Sept. 19, 2009, at her home.

Born June 30, 1967, in Salt Lake City, Utah, she was the daughter of Robert L. Summers of Berkeley Springs and the late Lynn Baker, and the stepdaughter of Susan St. Clair Summers of Berkeley Springs.

She was a 1984 graduate of Seneca Valley High School in Germantown, Md.

She was a graduate of the University of Maryland University College, College Park, Md., with a bachelor's degree in psychology and also completed a teacher's certificate in 2007.

She was employed as a teacher with the Washington County Board of Education.

She was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Hancock Ward, Hancock, where she was active in several church organizations.


Besides her father and stepmother, she is survived by her husband, Michael Alan Divelbiss, whom she married Oct. 27, 1990, in Hancock; one daughter, Amber Lynn Divelbiss, at home; two sons, Christopher Michael Divelbiss and Elijah Adam Divelbiss, both at home; four stepdaughters, Clarissa Lea Tischner of Tooele, Utah, Tara Lorraine Nielsen of Susanville, Calif., Alicia Erin Divelbiss of Randolf, Vt., and Jennifer Kae Clark of Ennosburg Falls, Vt.; six sisters, Kathryn Friese of Sparks, Md., Leslie Summerstay and Lisa Wood, both of Frederick, Md., Marti Haag and Sandi Summers, both of Williamsburg, Va., and Heidi Summers of Linden, Utah; five brothers, Michael Summers of Rockville, Md., Steven Summers of Frederick, Sean Summers of Los Angeles, Calif., Mark Summers of Linden and Matthew Summers of Berkeley Springs; and six stepgrandchildren.

A service will be held Friday, Sept. 25, at 11 a.m. at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Hancock Ward, Douglas Street, Hancock. Bishop Mika Ah Loe will officiate. Burial will be in the family plot in Berkeley Springs.

The family will receive friends at the church on Wednesday and Thursday from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. and Friday from 10 to 11 a.m.

Arrangements were handled by the Grove Funeral Home, Hancock.

The Herald-Mail Articles