· Hagerstown Suns will have fireworks following their 7:05 p.m. game against the Kannapolis Intimidators, a Chicago White Sox affiliate. Municipal Stadium, Hagerstown. Call 301-791-6266.
SATURDAY, JULY 4
· Williamsport's Byron Memorial Park will host a Fourth of July celebration. 7 a.m. to approximately 9:40 p.m. New activities include patriotic baby parade at 2 p.m. and patriotic pooch parade at 3 and a watermelon-eating contest at 5. Rain date is Sunday, July 5. Live music at the band shell. Honor guard. Purple cow bingo. Bring blankets and lawn chairs. No grills, fire pits, or alcoholic beverages. Call 301-223-4048.
· Fireworks at Fairgrounds Park starts at 6 p.m. with opening ceremonies and flyover, weather permitting, courtesy of Hagerstown Aviation Museum. Flyover includes two PT-19s, a Fairchild F-24 and more. Live music. Craft activities and nine-hole golf course for children from 6 to 9:30 p.m. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m. feature nearly 16,000 shells in 30 minutes. Piano playing by Wally McClure during fireworks. No alcoholic beverages or personal fireworks. Call 301-739-8577, ext. 116.
· Hagerstown Speedway will have fireworks during its 44th annual Johnny Roberts Memorial. The event features a 50-lap, late-model race plus late-model sportsman, and pure stocks. $18 for general admission; $25 for pit pass; and $23 for reserved seat. Rain date is 6 p.m. Sunday, July 5. 15112 National Pike west of Hagerstown. Call 301-582-0640 or go to www.hagerstownspeedway.com.
· A Day at the Park in Memorial Park, Chambersburg, Pa. Food and game stands open at noon. Food includes hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, soft pretzels, popcorn, flavored shaved ice and ice cream. 7 p.m. formal military flag retreat, followed by Mercersburg Community Band concert. Half-hour fireworks show at 9:30 p.m. Call 717-263-1302. Rain date is Saturday, July 11.
· Waynesboro Summer Jubilee will be held from 8 a.m. to dusk in downtown Waynesboro, Pa., across from Waynesboro Hospital. Craft vendors from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Early morning races for adults and children. Parade at 10:30. Children's activities include magic show, crafts, theater show and BMX extreme super slide. Food. Live music from 12:15 to 7:30 p.m. For complete schedule, go to www.summerjubilee.org or call 717-762-7123.
· 2009 Fourth of July in War Memorial Park, Martinsburg, W.Va. Festivities begin at 1 p.m. with DJ. Mini-train rides, Moonbounce, pony rides, and balloon sculpturing. Food includes Italian sausages, fries, funnel cakes, and flavored shaved ice. Live music and magic from 6 to 9 p.m. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m. Also miniature golf course and pool. Rain date for fireworks only is 9:30 p.m. Sunday, July 5. Call 304-264-4842 or go to www.mbcparks-rec.org/special_julyfourth.html.
· Frederick's 4th at Baker Park in downtown Frederick, Md., begins at noon with opening ceremony. Three stages of rock, country, theater and karaoke. Best patriotic dressed contest at 2:30 p.m. at band shell. Food. Chili cook-off. Hot wing- and pizza-eating contests. Children's activities from 12:30 to 7 p.m. include scavenger hunt, inflatable amusements, dunk tank, mural, martial arts demos, remote-control cars and face painting. Fee for some children's activities. Fireworks at dusk, followed by carillon concert. Rock climbing wall; paddle boats, canoes and kiwi kayaks available for rides on Culler Lake. Municipal pool on Fleming Avenue in Baker Park open 12:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Rain or shine. For complete schedule, call 301-600-2489 or go to www.celebratefrederick.com.