MARTINSBURG, W.Va. -- A woman was treated for minor burns she received Wednesday morning in a mobile home fire at 548 Pepper Tree Road near Marlowe, W.Va., according to the Bedington (W.Va.) Volunteer Fire Department.
Firefighters were dispatched at 5:33 a.m. to the home off Grade Road near Marlowe and the structure was "well involved" when the first units arrived, Capt. David Brining said.
After being treated at the scene, the woman declined to be taken to the hospital, Brining said.
The fire appeared to have started in the kitchen and then spread into other areas of the home, which was owned by Leslie and Sharon Mason, Brining said.
The blaze caused about $75,000 damage and the structure is considered a total loss, Brining said.
Bedington volunteers were assisted by the Hedgesville (W.Va.) Volunteer Fire Co. and Williamsport (Md.) Volunteer Fire Co.
Little more than an hour after the Marlowe-area fire was reported, Hedgesville volunteers at 6:38 p.m. were dispatched to a small mobile home fire at 210 Gantt Drive north of Martinsburg, W.Va., Hedgesville Volunteer Fire Co. Chief Mike Nichols said.