GREENCASTLE, Pa. -- A woman was burned in a grease fire that caused major damage to portions of an Antrim Township, Pa., duplex early Tuesday.
Debora Mose, of 9740 Antrim Church Road, suffered minor burns to her face, hands and chest, Pennsylvania State Police Fire Marshal Jeff Sarver said. She also suffered smoke inhalation, he said.
Mose was treated at Chambersburg (Pa.) Hospital and released, a hospital spokeswoman said Tuesday afternoon.
Mose started to warm grease on the stove to make french fries at approximately 1 a.m., then went into her first-floor living room and forgot about the grease, Sarver said.
"The actual burner itself was on the high position," he said.
Mose discovered the fire and attempted to put it out with a rug, which caused the flames to spread. The pan crashed to the floor, according to the fire marshal.