Advertisement

Fire destroys mobile home

March 03, 2009

Fire spread through a mobile home at 19821 Brownsville Road in Knoxville Tuesday morning while the occupant was using a hair dryer to thaw frozen pipes, according to the State Fire Marshal's Office.

The fire started at 11:59 a.m. under the mobile home at a water line and it ignited nearby combustibles, according to a news release from Fire Marshal Ed Ernst.

It took about 25 minutes to bring the fire under control. A total of 35 firefighters from Potomac Valley, Rohrersville, Boonsboro, Loudoun County, Va., Shepherdstown, W.Va., and other units responded, the release said.

The occupant was treated at the scene for a burn to the thumb, the release said. The owner and occupant was listed in the release as Howard Mills.

Advertisement

Loss to the home was estimated at $31,000 and the loss of contents was valued at $4,000.

It was unknown if smoke alarms were in the home, the release said.

The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|