Advertisement

Propane heater cause of fire

January 31, 2009

An unattended propane heater that ignited nearby materials was the cause of a house fire Saturday afternoon at 20126 Leitersburg Pike, according to a press release from the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office.

A passer-by spotted the fire inside a side door of the home at 3:42 p.m., the fire marshal's office said.

It took about 10 minutes for firefighters to bring the blaze under control, the office said.

The Leitersburg and Long Meadow fire companies responded, along with Air Unit 25 and Community Rescue Service, the fire marshal's office said.

Damage to the home, which is owned by Stan Mason, was estimated at $1,000, the office said.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|