Advertisement

Fire displaces Sharpsburg family

January 28, 2009

SHARPSBURG -- A fire caused about $120,000 in damage to a Sharpsburg home early this morning, the state fire marshal said.

The fire at 16321 Woburn Road was reported by the home's residents at 12:11 a.m., he said in a news release.

About 70 firefighters from Sharpsburg and the surrounding area responded to the fire, which took about an hour to control.

The fire started in the kitchen, and is believed to have been caused by a kerosene heater malfunction, the fire marshal said,

A 2000 Toyota Tundra pickup truck and a 2002 Subaru station wagon were also damaged in the fire.

The American Red Cross is assisting the family, which was displaced by the fire.

Four people were transported to Washington County Hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|