Advertisement

Fire displaces Clear Spring family

January 19, 2009

CLEAR SPRING - A chimney fire damaged a home Saturday on Dry Run Road, the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said.

The fire, at 13633 Dry Run Road, near Clear Spring, caused an estimated $18,000 worth of damage to the building and $2,000 to the contents, the fire marshal's office said in a news release.

The fire appears to have been accidental.

"A fire in the chimney overheated and ignited the nearby combustible floor joists," the news release says.

The family was displaced from the single-family home. Relatives were helping them.

Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation records list the owner as Kimberly J. Shrader.

The fire marshal's office said 64 firefighters from Clear Spring, Williamsport, Maugansville, Halfway and Long Meadow responded, and took about 20 minutes to control the fire.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|