Advertisement

Fire displaces Hagerstown family

December 30, 2008

HAGERSTOWN -- A fire Tuesday morning in the kitchen of a duplex at 21 E. Lee St. forced a family of five to find other housing, officials said.

The 11:38 a.m. fire was contained to the kitchen and caused about $15,000 in damages, said Capt. Mark Cleck of the Hagerstown Fire Department.

Because of smoke damage in the house, the Washington County chapter of the American Red Cross had to help the family with other lodging and food, according to Cleck and Tony Pirrone of the local Red Cross chapter.

The duplex was a rental unit but Cleck said he did not know the owner's name.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|