Advertisement

Fire destroys house in Morgan Co.

December 26, 2008

GREAT CACAPON, W.Va. -- A fire destroyed a Great Cacapon house on Thursday afternoon, a firefighter said.

The house was in the 5000 block of Central Avenue, Great Cacapon firefighter Matt Grimley said.

No one was home at the time of the fire, which was reported by a neighbor, he said.

Grimley said a wood stove appeared to have started the fire in a chimney area.

There was no estimate of the damage, but the house appeared to be a total loss, he said.

Firefighters from Great Cacapon, Berkeley Springs and Paw Paw in West Virginia and Hancock in Maryland responded to the call.

The call was dispatched at about 2:30 p.m. and the last unit was there until about 5 p.m., according to a Morgan County 911 dispatcher.

-- Andrew Schotz

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|