Advertisement

Restaurant inspections for Nov. 2008

December 22, 2008

How it works



Each month, The Herald-Mail publishes the findings of initial food establishment inspections by the Washington County Health Department. Food service facilities are inspected on a regular basis to make sure they are following the regulations that govern such establishments.

Inspectors also conduct follow-up inspections and monitoring inspections, and investigate complaints and food-borne outbreaks.

Potentially hazardous food means any food rich in protein that will support the rapid growth and reproduction of food-borne disease microorganisms.

Inspections are conducted at restaurants, nursing homes, schools, grocery stores and other places that serve food, including those that only are temporary such as fairs and carnivals.

Critical violations such as contaminated or spoiled food, improper temperatures of foods, improper cooking or no running water must be corrected immediately. Those items are marked with *.

Advertisement

Other violations must be corrected within 30 days. Follow-up inspections will be conducted as needed.

Those violations corrected on day of inspection are indicated as (corrected).




The following food service establishments were inspected by the Washington County Health Department in November and found to have critical violations that needed to be corrected immediately:

o Citibank Hagerstown No. 2, 14700 Citicorp Drive, Hagerstown -- * dented cans of jalapeños and sausage gravy (removed); * some items on buffet table not at proper temperature (removed); hood and area around walk-in condenser tube must be cleaned; ice on freezer condenser must be removed; replace ceiling tile; air gaps at prep sink must be filled; soap needed at hand sink; choking poster must be displayed; inadequate dishwasher temperature.

o Corsi's Market, 601 W. Washington St., Hagerstown -- * deli case not kept at proper temperature (items moved to another unit); front door not self-closing; ice scoop improperly stored (corrected); floor tiles must be cleaned; cracked ceiling must be repaired; toothbrushes cannot be stored in food storage containers; surfaces must be smooth and cleanable; hazard plan must be submitted.

o Crazy Horse Steakhouse, 116 Railway Lane, Hagerstown -- * product kept out of refrigeration (rechilled); freezer not at proper temperature; exit door must be self-closing; food storage containers, shelving and floors under equipment must be cleaned; microwave must be commercial-grade; hand sink must be repaired; scoops for food products must have handles.

o Florida Avenue Vocational Center, 840 Florida Ave., Hagerstown -- * dented cans of cheddar sauce, diced peaches and tomato juice in food storage (removed); chemical cleaners cannot be stored near food (corrected); single-serve items stored improperly; inadequate sanitizer level; food cannot be stored on floor; vent hood light shields must be cleaned; covered trash receptacle needed in women's restroom.

o Grille at Park Circle, 325 Virginia Ave., Hagerstown -- * dented can of clam juice in dry storage (removed); holes in ceiling must be sealed; vent, vent hood filters, ceiling, light fixtures, men's restroom and floor under equipment in kitchen must be cleaned; ice machine air gap inadequate; missing light bulbs and light shields must be replaced; peeling paint must be removed; boxes of potatoes and shrimp cannot be stored on floor of freezer; raw food cannot be stored near ready-to-serve food.

o Sakura, 102 Railway Lane, Hagerstown -- * flour used to bread shrimp cannot be stored unprotected (corrected); * rice cannot be cooled on counter (corrected); sushi rice covered with cloth (corrected); choking poster must be displayed; soap and paper towels needed at hand sink (corrected); dish scrubber cannot be stored in hand sink (corrected); hand sink not draining well; hood lighting and two missing hood filters must be replaced; plastic dishes cannot be used as food scoops (corrected); cooking equipment must be cleaned; microwave must be commercial-grade; chemical test strips must be available; food cannot be stored on floor of walk-ins; door cannot be propped open; eggs cannot be stored above ready-to-eat foods (corrected); medicine cannot be stored on shelf above food preparation; cutting board stained and gouged; missing ceiling tiles must be replaced.

o Western Maryland Sportsmen's Club, 6504 Dam No. 4 Road, Sharpsburg -- * severely dented cans of kidney beans on shelf (removed).

o Williamsport Volunteer Fire Co. (Leiter's Catering), 2 Brandy Drive, Williamsport -- * reach-in refrigerator not keeping food at proper temperature (food removed); single-serve items stored improperly; food scoop must have handle; hand sink must be repaired.

The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|