Advertisement

One hurt in apartment fire

December 20, 2008

WAYNESBORO, Pa. -- One resident was treated at the scene of an apartment house fire Thursday night at 14 N. Potomac St., according to the Waynesboro Fire Department.

The fire at 11:11 p.m. was caused by an unattended candle in the first-floor apartment, a department member said. The apartment was heavily damaged and the other two apartments in the house were lightly damaged, he said.

The person treated at the scene did not have to be taken to the hospital, he said.

Total damage to the house was estimated at $25,000, the report stated.

Firefighters from Blue Ridge Summit, Mont Alto and New Franklin assisted at the scene, along with firefighters from Leitersburg, the report stated.

The last units left the scene at 1:42 a.m. The residents of the building were not able to return to their apartments because of the damage, the report stated.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|