Advertisement

Troop 136 of Halfway celebrates 35th year

November 09, 2008

Boy Scout Troop 136, Halfway, celebrated its 35th year of serving youth in the community on Oct. 7 at the Church of the Holy Trinity, with many former Scouts and leaders in attendance.

Current Troop 136 members conducted the opening ceremony and presented the colors. Scoutmaster Don Gehr reviewed the recent accomplishments of the current Boy Scouts at Sinoquipe Scout Reservation during the summer.

Several of the Eagle Scouts from Troop 136 were in attendance and reminisced with leaders of the past.

Troop 136 is sponsored by the Halfway Lions Club and meets at the Church of the Holy Trinity.

The Boy Scouts of America was established in 1910. The Mason-Dixon Council was chartered in the 1920s.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|