Troop 136 of Halfway held its Court of Honor Oct. 7 at the Church of the Holy Trinity. Troop members conducted the opening ceremony.
Scoutmaster Don Gehr presented the following awards:
- Nick Buonocore: Art, Camping, Fingerprinting and Shotgun Shooting merit badges; Life Rank
- Luke Giancola: Art, Basketry, Coin Collecting, Fingerprinting, First Aid, Leatherwork and Swimming merit badges; Scout Rank; Tenderfoot rank; Second Class Rank; Totin' Chit and Fire M' Chit
- Michael Hess: Scout Rank
- Michael Langmyer: Lifesaving merit badge and Den Chief Award
- Brandon Mauch: Conservation Award
- Spencer Nally: Family Life merit badge and Life Rank
- Alex Potter: Coin Collecting, Fingerprinting, Indian Lore and Swimming merit badges; First Class Rank
- Tyler Rice: Shotgun Shooting merit badge
- Ben Robinson: Mammal Study merit badge; First Class Rank; Den Chief Award; OA Ordeal
- Brian Stanley: Disabilities Awareness merit badge
- Luke Stanley: Disabilities Awareness merit badge; Star Rank
- Bentley Straley: Personal Fitness merit badge; Philmont patch
- Kyle Zittle: Coin Collecting, Collections, Genealogy and Kayaking merit badges; Second Silver Eagle Palm; OA Vigil Honor; Philmont Northern Tier Adventure patch; 50-Miler Award, 150-Miler Award; Leave No Trace Award and Historic Trails Award
Troop 136 is sponsored by the Halfway Lions Club and meets at the Church of the Holy Trinity.