BOONSBORO - A 3-year-old girl who was bitten on the hand by a poisonous snake Saturday night at Greenbrier State Park was recovering at Children's Hospital in Washington, D.C., a spokesman with the Maryland Park Service said Monday.
The child came into contact with a copperhead around 8 p.m. while camping with her family, according to Park Ranger Dan Spedden.
"The child's family contacted the camp host at the camping site," Spedden said by telephone Monday. The host alerted the park service.
Boonsboro Ambulance personnel responded to the park and took the child to Washington County Hospital. The child later was flown to D.C.