Advertisement

Electrical fire extinguished at Paramount Elementary

August 28, 2008

A Paramount Elementary School student on Thursday afternoon discovered a fire in the school's music room.

The fire was quickly extinguished and was out by the time firefighters arrived, Maryland State Fire Marshal Ed Ernst said in a news release.

The fire caused about $100 in damage, according to Ernst.

Authorities determined the fire was accidental, caused by an electrical malfunction that ignited combustible material near an outlet, Ernst said.

Paramount Elementary School is at 19410 Longmeadow Road.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|