Advertisement

Bag of goods spontaneously combusts

August 13, 2008

BOONSBORO - A bag of household goods sitting out in the sun spontaneously combusted Wednesday afternoon outside of the Cochran auction complex in Boonsboro, the Maryland State Fire Marshal's office said in a news release.

The items were stored in a black trash bag in direct sunlight and were discovered burning by an employee at about 12:40 p.m., the fire marshal's office said. The fire was controlled within five minutes and caused about $10 in damage, fire officials said.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|