Hustontown, Pa., man charged in connection with fatal accident Sunday

August 07, 2008|By DON AINES

HUSTONTOWN, PA.-Pennsylvania State Police in Fulton County have charged a Hustontown man with providing beer to a teenager who was involved in a fatal accident Sunday morning in Taylor Township.

Ronald Lee Robinson, aka Charlie Robinson, 51, of 175 N. Hess Road, was charged with four counts each of corruption of minors, recklessly endangering another person and selling or furnishing alcohol to minors, according to the criminal complaint filed Wednesday with Magisterial District Judge Devin Horne.

Corruption of minors are the most serious charges, first-degree misdemeanors with a five-year maximum sentence for each count. Robinson was in Franklin County Jail on $50,000 bond Thursday.

Joshua Timothy Wilt, 14, of Hustontown, died Sunday morning in a one-vehicle crash on North Hess Road, police said. Wilt, who was pronounced dead at Altoona (Pa.) Regional Hospital, was a passenger in a vehicle driven by a 17-year-old boy who was also injured, police said.


The affidavit of probable cause stated that the driver told police he had gone with Robinson to the K&K Budget Beer Outlet on Great Cove Road in Fort Littleton, Pa., on Saturday afternoon. The boy gave Robinson $10 toward a case of beer, police said.

Robinson and the boy then returned to Robinson's house and drank beer before they went to a home in the 300 block of North Hess Road to pick up up two girls, ages 16 and 14, police said. They went back to Robinson's home and drank more beer, police said.

Police said Robinson also provided beer to Wilt, though Blair County Coroner Patricia Ross said Wilt did not have drugs or alcohol in his system.

Robinson's preliminary hearing is scheduled for Sept. 8, according to Horne's office. No charges have been filed against the 17-year-old driver, a member of Horne's staff said.

Wilt's funeral is today at the M.R. Brown Funeral Home in Hustontown.

Wilt would have been entering his sophomore year at Forbes Road High School later this month, according to his obituary.

The Herald-Mail Articles