YOU ARE HERE: HeraldMail HomeCollectionsWva

Police briefs

July 26, 2008

Four injured in accident

HEDGESVILLE, W.Va. - Four people were taken Friday afternoon to City Hospital in Martinsburg, W.Va., after a two-car accident on W.Va. 9 west of Hedgesville, emergency officials said.

The accident near Travers Country Store was reported at 4:40 p.m., according to a 911 dispatch supervisor.

West Virginia State Police troopers were investigating the accident, which shut down W.Va. 9 for about an hour, officials said. The medical conditions, ages and identities of those injured were not immediately known.

W.Va. man faces drug charge

MARTINSBURG, W.Va. - A Berkeley County man was in Eastern Regional Jail Friday night on a felony count of cultivation of marijuana after police said they spotted two marijuana plants growing outside his home north of Martinsburg, according to jail and Berkeley County Magistrate Court records.


Robert Bruce Decker, 45, of 46 Brigadier Circle, was in jail on a $50,000 bond set by Magistrate Harry L. Snow, according to court records.

The homeowner told Berkeley County Sheriff's Department Deputy D.B. White on Thursday that the plants belonged to Decker, her boyfriend, according to the deputy's complaint.

1 arrested in narcotics sting

RANSON, W.Va. - At least one person was arrested Friday afternoon in a multiagency narcotics operation staged in the Walnut Grove subdivision near Ranson, an officer with the Charles Town (W.Va.) Police Department said.

Capt. G.F. Stevens said the operation happened along Daisy Lane, but could not elaborate on the arrest because federal agents also were involved.

Crash injures at least one

CHARLES TOWN, W.Va. - Three ambulances were sent to help people injured in a crash on W.Va. 9 east, a Jefferson County dispatcher said.

The crash happened near Mission Road about 7 p.m. It was not known how many people were injured, but at least one was taken to the hospital, the dispatcher said. The Jefferson County Sheriff's Department and the Blue Ridge Mountain Volunteer Fire Company responded to the call.

The Herald-Mail Articles