6:45 to 7:30 p.m. New Life, Christian contemporary music
7:30 to 7:45 p.m. Doughnut-eating contest
7:45 to 8:30 p.m. Stoney Creek Bluegrass Band
8:30 to 9:25 p.m. Black Eclipse, classic rock
9:25 p.m. National anthem sung by Clear Spring resident Erika Osborne
9:30 p.m. Fireworks
FRIDAY, JULY 4
· Fairgrounds Park, opening ceremony at 6 p.m. with flyover by at least two planes (a 1940 Fairchild 24 and a 1943 Fairchild PT-19; both made at the Hagerstown plant) by Hagerstown Aviation Museum; and AMVETS 21-gun salute with playing of "Taps" and color guard. Live music starts at 6:30 p.m. with Jumptown. Also performing are several singers and musicians who played for popular rock bands that performed at Georgetown nightclubs in the '60s and '70s. This includes saxophonist Mike Scheer, C.J. (Fallen Angels), electric bass player Elliot Jogoda (IGA Heroes, DC Dog and Root Boy Slim), guitarist Glen Alexander (IGA Heroes, The Eye), singer Jack Bryant (Fallen Angels), singer and keyboardist Jimmy Nalley (Three Easy Pieces), guitarist Gabby (Three Easy Pieces and The Eye; currently with The Shades). The 30-minute fireworks show, with 15,996 shells, begins at 9:30 p.m. Food includes lemonade, gyros, hamburgers, hot dogs, South Carolina barbecue, ice cream, funnel cakes and flavored shaved ice. Rock-climbing wall, nine-hole miniature golf course and craft activities for kids. Bring blankets, lawn chairs, and your own food. Alcohol and personal fireworks prohibited. Service animals permitted, but no pets. Rain date is Saturday, July 5, for the fireworks only. Call 301-739-8577, ext. 116.
· Fountain Head Country Club, 13316 Fountain Head Road, north of Hagerstown. Admission to members only, however fireworks at dusk visible in neighborhood.
· Fireworks in the Park in Williamsport's Byron Memorial Park. Pancake breakfast, 6 to 10 a.m. in community building. 5-kilometer race registration at 7 a.m., starts at Springfield Barn. Gymnastics demos. Food. Fireworks at dusk. Rain date is July 5.
11 a.m. Crossroads Band, top 40 variety
1 p.m. South Mountain String Band, bluegrass
3 p.m. Stoney Creek Bluegrass Band
5 p.m. Spectrum, top 40 variety
7:45 p.m. Williamsport Community Band
· Waynesboro Summer Jubilee, off East Main Street, across from Waynesboro Hospital. Firecracker 5-K and 1-mile children's fun run, 8:30 a.m.; Fourth of July parade down Main Street, 10:30 a.m.; arts and crafts vendors, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Also children's games, pie-eating contest, money machine, food, pony rides, petting zoo and bands. Raffling off bicycles. Fireworks at dusk. Rain or shine; rain date for fireworks only is Saturday, July 5. Call 717-762-9118 or go to www.summerjubilee.org.
12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Lucky Punk and the Chicken, rock and pop punk
1:45 to 2:45 p.m. Waynesboro Children's Theatre Troupe
3 to 5 p.m. Rudy and the Bluefish, blues
5 to 6:30 p.m. Old Time Radio Show, music and comedy
6:30 p.m. Pie-eating contest
7 to 9:30 p.m. Hicktown, classic country and classic rock (Band takes a break at 8 p.m. for money machine)
9:30 p.m. Fireworks
· A Day at the Park in Memorial Park, Chambersburg, Pa. Food and game stands open at noon. Food includes hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, soft pretzels, popcorn, flavored shaved ice, and ice cream. Antique car show from 1 to 5 p.m. 7 p.m. formal military flag retreat, followed by Mercersburg Community Band concert. Half-hour fireworks show at 9:30 p.m. Includes ground displays of fireworks. Call 717-263-1302. Rain date is Saturday, July 5.
· 2008 Fourth of July in War Memorial Park, Martinsburg, W.Va. Festivities begin at 1 p.m. with DJ. Mini-train rides, Moonbounce. Pony rides, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Balloon sculptures, 7 to 9 p.m. Food includes Italian sausages, fries, funnel cakes, flavored shaved ice and homemade ice cream. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m. Also miniature golf course and pool. Rain date for fireworks only is Saturday, July 5. Call 304-264-4842 or go to www.mbcparks-rec.org/special_julyfourth.html.
1 p.m. DJ Joe Brown and karaoke
5 to 6 p.m. Just Country, traditional country, gospel and patriotic