Advertisement

Berkeley County mobile home damaged in fire

June 28, 2008|By MATTHEW UMSTEAD

FALLING WATERS, W.VA. - A mobile home in Berkeley County was damaged early Friday by a fire that authorities believe might have been caused by an electrical malfunction.

The fire, which was reported at midnight, appeared to originate above a heating unit in a white, aluminum-sided home at 249 Burnside Drive, according to Bedington Volunteer Fire Department Lt. D.J. Brining.

No one was injured, said Brining, who believed the occupants were at Kings Dominion in Doswell, Va.

When firefighters arrived, the house off Grade Road in the Potomac Hills subdivision was engulfed in flames, officials said. Firefighters were at the scene until 2:10 a.m., Brining said.

Deputy Chief Ryan Frye estimated the value of the loss at $40,000, Brining said. Only part of the home's walls were still standing, but no other property was damaged, Brining said.

Advertisement

Frye's report listed Phil Snow as the homeowner and Cathy Baker as an occupant, Brining said.

Joining Bedington volunteers at the scene were firefighters from Hedgesville Volunteer Fire Co. Brining said personnel from Williamsport also assisted.

The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|