Firefighters respond to Waynesboro home twice

May 26, 2008|By MARLO BARNHART

WAYNESBORO, Pa. - When firefighters were dispatched to 10360 Fish and Game Road in Washington Township for a house fire Sunday morning, the address sounded very familiar.

A spokesman for the Waynesboro Fire Department said the same house was the subject of a Friday morning fire in which a central air-conditioning unit in the roof malfunctioned.

The resulting fire damaged two bedrooms, as well as the roof rafters, the spokesman said.

After fighting that fire for 2 1/2 hours, firefighters turned off the power. The occupants were housed in a motel by the American Red Cross chapter after the home was ruled uninhabitable.

On Sunday at 9:15 a.m., firefighters were sent back to the house for another fire, which apparently was caused when the breakers were turned back on in the house, the spokesman said.


During the Sunday morning fire call, Allegheny Power representatives came to the home and physically removed the meter so the power could not be turned on again, the spokesman said.

The second fire is still under investigation. No one was injured in either fire.

In addition to Waynesboro, firefighters were called in from Blue Ridge Summit, Mont Alto and Greencastle, Pa.

- Marlo Barnhart

The Herald-Mail Articles