WAYNESBORO, Pa. - When firefighters were dispatched to 10360 Fish and Game Road in Washington Township for a house fire Sunday morning, the address sounded very familiar.
A spokesman for the Waynesboro Fire Department said the same house was the subject of a Friday morning fire in which a central air-conditioning unit in the roof malfunctioned.
The resulting fire damaged two bedrooms, as well as the roof rafters, the spokesman said.
After fighting that fire for 2 1/2 hours, firefighters turned off the power. The occupants were housed in a motel by the American Red Cross chapter after the home was ruled uninhabitable.
On Sunday at 9:15 a.m., firefighters were sent back to the house for another fire, which apparently was caused when the breakers were turned back on in the house, the spokesman said.