The Washington County segment of the 20th annual National Pike Festival and Wagon Train began Friday night with an encampment at Plumb Grove in Clear Spring. Activities continue today as the wagon train culminates a 36-mile trip from Clear Spring to Boonsboro on Alternate U.S. 40.
The following is a schedule of today's events associated with the festival. All wagon train times are approximate. Yard sales are set up along the wagon train's route.
- 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. -- Ralph Henderson Ag Center, 510 E. Wilson Blvd., sausage and pancake breakfast by West Hagerstown Lions Club, donation.
- 10 a.m. -- Wagon train departs, heads for Ravenwood Lutheran Village.
- 10:30 a.m. -- Wagon train stops at Ravenwood Lutheran Village off Frederick Street.
- 12:30 p.m. -- Wagon train stops for lunch at Auction Square Complex along Alternate U.S. 40 outside Boonsboro.
- 1:15 p.m. -- Wagon train leaves Auction Square Complex.
- 1:30 p.m. -- Wagon train arrives at Shafer Memorial Park in Boonsboro.
- 2 p.m. -- Activities at the park include pony rides for children.