SMITHSBURG -- An electrical fire Thursday afternoon caused about $20,000 in damages to a house near Smithsburg, the Maryland State Fire Marshal's office said in a press release.
The one-story single-family home at 11955 Comanche Drive caught fire just before 2:30 p.m., fire officials said.
There were no injuries, officials said.
Investigators pinpointed a ceiling fan in the bathroom ceiling as the origin of the fire.
The fire also caused about $2,000 in damage to the contents of the house, officials said.
About 15 firefighters from Smithsburg, Mount Aetna, Special Operations 20 and Waynesboro, Pa., responded to the fire. It took about 30 minutes to control, officials said.
The house is owned by Sue Matthews, the fire marshal's office said.